Hit by a Car on a Bike? Call Our Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Orange County, CA
Of all motor vehicle accident cases, bicycle accidents often result in some of the worst types of personal injuries. This is because riders have little protections afforded to them as compared to the occupants of other vehicles. There are no airbags, no side curtains, no crunch zones, no seatbelts, and even just a steel shell around a bicyclists. This means that most bicycle riders are often seriously injured or wrongfully killed in bicycle accidents—even at low speeds or after a bumper tap. Our bicycle accident lawyer in Orange County, CA knows this to be true, particularly because we have seen firsthand the devastation of cyclist hit by a car.
Here at Tim Dominguez Law, our compassionate staff will work with your treating physicians to help build a strong claim for compensation for your pain and suffering. This includes calculating your medical bills and expenses, as well as your lost wages, vacation days, and other effects to your business. We may also hire some of the leading liability experts to help prove your claim, including engineers or accident reconstruction experts to explain how the crash occurred and who was at fault. We pay the upfront costs for these experts, which are only reimbursed after we recover compensation for you. Learn how our bicycle accident lawyer in Orange County, CA can help you during a FREE consultation by dialing NUMBER.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in California
Most bicycle accidents are caused by the reckless, careless, and outright negligent conduct of a motorist. Nearly all bicycle crashes could be avoided if a motorist properly exercised reasonable care while operating a motor vehicle. But the failure to exercise reasonable care and to watch out for a cyclists is a recipe for disaster.
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents include the following:
– Drunk driving
– Distracted driving – cell phones particularly
– Drugged driving
– Improper left turns
– Unsafe lane changes
– Turning right without checking for an incoming cyclist
– Unsafe backing up
– Mechanical defects
– Rollover crashes
– Failure to yield
– Running a red light or stop sigh
– Failing to check for and see a cyclist
– Following too closely
– Braking too late
– Road rage or aggressive driving, and
– Many other negligence causes that could result in a crash our legal team could help recover compensation for you.
Compensation for a Bicycle Accident in California
Victims who are injured in a bicycle accident may be entitled to recover compensation. This compensation may be awarded for various different reasons, including some of the following:
– Past pain and suffering – this is the conscious pain, agony, and suffering that you endured from the date of the accident until the date of your payment (settlement, verdict, or award)
– Future pain and suffering – this is an estimate of your future pain, agony, and suffering that is measured by determining your life expectancy age on an actuary table and subtracting the years from your current age
– Medical bills – any emergency or ambulance bills, medication, surgeries, physical therapy, follow-ups, and any other past or future bills
– Loss of consortium – there are two components to loss of consortium, the first being the obvious loss of relations with a spouse. But there is also the general loss of society and affection with your other family members or dependents, including children, parents, or siblings
– Lost wages – days lost from work due to the accident, treatment, appointments, surgery, or from your disability (unable to go to work) can all be compensated
– Future lost earnings – if you are unable to return to the same line of work after your accident and you must take a lower paying job, you may be entitled to recover compensation for the difference between your old salary (higher) and your new salary (lower), multiplied by the rest of your working life
– Modifications to a home or vehicle – any changes to your home or vehicle, such as chairlifts, ramps, or rails, may be compensated under the law
– Punitive damages – for outrageous conduct that shocks the conscious, you may be entitled to compensation for punitive damages against a defendant
– Property damage – for damage to your bicycle, phone, clothing, helmet, or any other objects damaged in the crash, and
– Any other damages, expenses, or costs that our bicycle accident lawyer in Orange County, California could recover for you.
Injured in a Bicycle Crash? Call Our Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Orange County, CA
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a bicycle crash occurring anywhere in California, learn how our experienced bicycle accident lawyer in Orange County, CA at Tim Dominguez Law could help recover compensation for you and your family. We offer personalized service and attention to our clients. Learn how we can help you during a FREE consultation by calling 800-5756-LAW or by sending us a message through out “Contact Us” box available here.