Slip and Fall/Premises Liability Accidents
Premises Liability/Slip and Fall
Hurt on the Property of Another? Call Our Slip and Fall Lawyer in Orange County, CA
When a person is hurt on the property of another, it is a type of premises liability case. These cases involve personal injuries arising from the construction, maintenance, upkeep, repair, and overall possession of a property. The most common types of premises liability cases include trip and fall or slip and falls. While most people may not think that falls can be potentially dangerous, statistics from the CDC reveal that falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)—even more than motor vehicle accidents. Our slip and fall lawyer in Orange County, California knows how devastating premises liability cases can be for victims and their families.
This is why, at Tim Dominguez Law, that our law firm offers FREE consultations and case evaluations to review and advise what rights a victim may have after a fall. We also pay the upfront costs and disbursements of litigation, which are only reimbursed if we recover compensation for you in a settlement or verdict. The same is true of our attorney’s fees which are only paid after we make a recovery for you. This means there is no cost or upfront financial risk to being working with our law firm. Learn more how we can help by calling NUMBER.
Who Could be Liable for My Slip and Fall?
Under California law, a premises liability case is brought against a negligent party. Only certain parties may be liable for a slip and fall or trip and fall. Parties that may be liable for a premises liability case in California include the following:
– Property owners
– Tenants of a property, whether a home, apartment, or store
– Property maintainer like maintenance and cleaning teams
– Contractors who built parts of a property
– Property managers like rental offices, and
– Other parties having possession or control over a premises.
Common Causes of Slip and Falls
Most causes of a slip and fall are due to the negligence of a property owner or possessor. This means that many falls could be avoided if a defendant reasonably maintains his or her property in a way that could have prevented a victim’s injuries. Some of the most common causes of slip and falls in California include the following:
– Broken flooring or cracked flooring
– Spilled products or wet products on the floor
– Broken stairs or uneven stairs
– No handrail or broken handrails
– Debris or garbage on the floor
– Uneven flooring
– Leaky AC units or refrigeration units
– Excessive wax or soap used on the floor
– Tracked in rain or water in a store
– Moldy or rotted wood flooring, stairs, or bleachers that break
– Mud, grass, or other slippery substances on the ground, and
– Many other causes for a premises liability case that our slip and fall lawyer in Orange County, CA could recover for you.
Personal Injuries After a Slip and Fall Accident
Fall can be more devastating than a motor vehicle accident. There are many different types of injuries that a victim could sustain in a fall due to a premises liability accident. Some of the most common and devastating injuries due to a fall include the following:
– Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
– Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
– Broken bones or fractured bones
– Organ injuries
– Knee injuries such as meniscus tears, ACL, MCL, LCL, or PCL tears
– Shoulder injuries including SLAP tears, rotator cuff tears, biceps injuries, and other dislocations or separations
– Neck injuries and back injuries, including slipped discs, herniations, or other back damage
– Significant scarring and disfigurement
– Nerve injuries and damage
– Teeth and face injuries
– Blindness or eye injuries, and
– Other serious personal injuries that were caused by the slip and fall or trip and fall accident in California.
Hurt in a Fall on the Property of Another? Learn How Our Slip and Fall Lawyer in Orange County, CA Can Help You
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall in California, call our slip and fall lawyer in Orange County, CA to learn how we can help protect your rights to compensation under the law. We offer free consultations and only get paid after you get paid in a settlement, verdict, or court award. Learn how we can help you and your family recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and for your conscious pain and suffering by dialing 800-5756-LAW or sending us a secured message through our “Contact Us” box available here.